About Me

My photo
I love reading education blogs, fashion blogs, craft blogs and dreaming!

Check Out My Store

Pre-K, Kindergarten, First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth - TeachersPayTeachers.com

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Saturday Sayings

Participating in this Saturday Sayings idea has been so much fun!  I am going to be "blog stalking" Tammy as she continues on this journey!  I wanted to end my last Saturday Sayings with a quote that I think about often as I am planning for my instruction.  I hope that it makes you stop and think, as it has for me!


The fundamental purpose of school is learning, not teaching

Duh! I know this, you know this, we all know this! I find sometimes that I am hung up on teaching, teaching, teaching and I need to stop and see- are the kiddos learning?  How do I know that they are learning? What should I be doing/ who should I ask for help, if they aren't learning?  My goal for myself is to make sure that my students learn- not to put on a one-woman performance Monday - Friday! :)

Well, short and sweet (just like me) but if you are craving more Saturday Sayings reflections- don't forget to check out my buddies!

Tammy





Lori

Conversations in Literacy

Sandra




2 comments:

  1. Julie, I like this quote! Self-reflections are definitely important for us to do so we can help the students be the best they can be! Thank you for participating in these Saturday Sayings! I've enjoyed reading your ideas each week!
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, that quote really makes you stop and think, huh? It's deep. You're right, it sounds like common sense, but I think we all get hung up at times. Thank you for reminding us what we're all about...learning. I've loved learning from you this month Julie. It's been a pleasure hooking up. Let's do it again sometime!
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete