About Me

My photo
I love reading education blogs, fashion blogs, craft blogs and dreaming!

Check Out My Store

Pre-K, Kindergarten, First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth - TeachersPayTeachers.com

Monday, July 22, 2013

Back to School Student Gift



I have just under a month left until I am back with the kiddos! I know some of you start back to school much sooner than me...I am not jealous of you! :)  I have a bit of time before I need to worry about the back to school bbq- but I had this container of broken and peeled crayons just sitting around so I decided to make this...taa-daa!


Each kiddo gets one of those very cool melty-crayon-things (I am pretty sure that's the technical term)! They were super easy to make- just take your crayons, peel the wrapper, break them up and stick them in a greased mini-muffin tin and melt them in the oven for 15 minutes at 275F.  At first, I tried coordinating the colors but then I just went for the tie-dye effect!

I made the cute label to incorporate both owls, my classroom theme, and the colorful crayons.  You can download a copy of it yourself here.

Thank you to The Hazel Owl for the circle badge and My Cute Graphics for the owl clip art.  The font is my own. As always, be sure to link up with 4th Grade Frolics

4 comments:

  1. You're very much on top of things. I'm sure the kids will love their colorful treasures.
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute and fun back to school gift for the kiddos! I love making these little gifts! Thanks for sharing! Happy to be your newest follower!

    -Caitlin
    Table Talk with C & C

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! Way to recycle your old crayons. The label is so cute too!

    Jessica
    Wild & Fun in Pre-K

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are very cute! Now, I have to start thinking about cute back to school gifts for my kiddos...thanks for sharing! :)

    -Kelly
    Sliding Into Second Grade

    ReplyDelete