About Me

My photo
I love reading education blogs, fashion blogs, craft blogs and dreaming!

Check Out My Store

Pre-K, Kindergarten, First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth - TeachersPayTeachers.com

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Classroom re-do

I can see the finish line!  Two and a half more days with the kiddos and then I am attending a Daily 5/ Cafe training Thursday and Friday and then the following week I am attending a week long training with Anita Archer!

Even though I have been swamped with report cards, field trips, field days, etc.  I haven't stopped thinking about how to decorate my classroom for next year.  Some people might think I spend TOO MUCH time thinking about it, but I want to try something fresh and I had a few kinks in the layout that I want to fix for next year.


So the first thing I wanted to try out was a new desk arrangement.  The first photo is from standing in the doorway and the second photo is from front and center!  So far I have enjoyed this U-shape.  It is easy for me to walk around and assist and it seems to add more floor space and open up the room.


I moved my listening center right behind my tech cart.  I actually had no idea what to do with it and I struggled all year to find the perfect spot.  I waited all year to ask my class what they thought about it and I don't know what took me so long!  Right away I had one little cutie who told me exactly what I should do with it.  I let her set it up and she even cleaned it off before moving it!  We have used it a couple times since setting it up and she was so right about this spot, I love it!


Looking at the front of the room.  I am not sure what I am going to do with the big green board up in front.  I will probably post our language arts anchor charts up there so kiddos can view them while doing their seatwork.  I moved a gutter bookshelf up to the front of the room.  I have all the read-alouds that I use throughout the year.



I opened up my library by pushing all the bookshelves against the wall.  I like that it has increased my visibility but it doesn't feel as intimate anymore.  I am not sure if I will keep it like this for second grade, I will probably end up changing it!

My new curtains! I love these!  The pattern is adorable and has all kinds of forest animals/flowers but it isn't so busy that you get dizzy looking at it!

Alright, those are all my new pictures for now.  I have a couple of projects that I plan to work on this summer and I will keep you posted with the updates to the room!

2 comments:

  1. Have fun with the Sisters. I bet you'll learn so much.

    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you haven't finished up school. We finish up summer school on Friday!! You must start a lot later than we do.
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete