About Me

My photo
I love reading education blogs, fashion blogs, craft blogs and dreaming!

Check Out My Store

Pre-K, Kindergarten, First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth - TeachersPayTeachers.com

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Excitement!

I am very excited that I get to attend this year's NAESP conference in Seattle.  No- I am not a principal but I get to pretend I am one for three days!

I recognize that not everyone sees the value in these types of conferences.  I get that one argument against this type of thing is that my time might be better spent in the classroom with the kiddos.  I agree with that- to a point.  One of the reasons why I am so excited to go to this (even if I'm not a principal) is that I LOVE to learn.  At a national conference you get to learn from the BEST.  There are so many options for break out sessions that cover a variety of topics.  I will be attending some on RTI, a few on differentiation, a couple on teacher mentors and one on professional learning communities.  Learning new strategies, new techniques and methods helps me to be a better teacher when I am in the classroom.  Isn't it always a good thing to work smarter not harder?

Anyway, I will attempt to blog while I am away but no promises! I am going with a large group from my school, including some of my favorite new teachers- and we are spending three nights in a hotel! I can't imagine what kind of crazy shenanigans we might get up to- hopefully not as crazy as the last overnight conference I went to- but I'll save that for another post!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a lot of fun and a great opportunity too. We don't have money for that kind of professional development anymore. If I want to educate myself, it comes out of my pocket. Learn a thing or two for me!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete