About Me

My photo
I love reading education blogs, fashion blogs, craft blogs and dreaming!

Check Out My Store

Pre-K, Kindergarten, First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth - TeachersPayTeachers.com

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Success! :)

Wohoo! I have no tips nor tricks to share with you today, just a sweet story of success! I have one ADORABLE little guy in my class with autism.  He is a charmer and I quickly fell in love with him but one thing I didn't fall in love with was his refusal/temper tantrum anytime the class was going to play a game.  We WORKED on getting him to participate and by January he was participating...but I still wasn't happy! He would participate but if he didn't win, he would get very angry and lash out and the other kiddos.  So we WORKED on being a good sport and today, we turned the corner! My little guy "lost" on a multiplication game we were playing and he walked over to his partner, shook his hand, said "good game" and then gave him a hug! OH MY WORD! It was probably the cutest thing ever and knowing how hard we WORKED to get to that point brought a tear to my eye!

Thanks for letting me share, I know y'all could relate! :)

5 comments:

  1. That's a special moment to be cherished for sure. No doubt it took a lot of work on your part. Those little moments should be celebrated.
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tammy! I hope the lice issue is resolved quickly :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Carol! You left a comment! You will get this little darling next year *I hope* and if he shows up missing randomly, just come and check my classroom- I may have to kidnap him every once in a while ;)

      Delete
  3. Love this! Just found your blog. I'm always excited to find another 3rd grade blog. =)

    Ms. Smith
    Adventures of Ms. Smith

    ReplyDelete